Wednesday, February 27, 2008

4 Months, 3 Weeks, 2 Days.




I hated this movie. Plain and simple.
I paid $6 to watch a shit storm of a movie. Why did this get the Palme D'Or @ Cannes?
Now don't get me wrong, I'm all about "art" and "creativity" and the moving image but his film was slow.
Very slow.
I fell asleep twice.
There was a shot that lasted 3 minutes of my life (a boring shot @ that).
When I think about it now, the beginning was so effing pointless and...

*takes breather*

I just hated it that's all. My roommate also brought up the fact, "You fell asleep on Persepolis too. And the Savages."

I hated both of those movies too. She loved them.
I'd like to think I have great taste in films but those three movies are not worth seeing to me. What kills me is that AFTER i left the movie EARLY, I read the synopsis in the Midtown Art Cinema Movie Guide and I got pissed off even more. They called it "riveting" and a "thriller"...

Thrill these.

I digress.

I hated it.

No comments: