Tuesday, February 12, 2008

songs of the day feb 11 &12!



(i apologize in the delay for yesterday's songs. kinda bizzy day.)
the jones girls- nights over egypt
classic dance track. this is that song that you'll dance with your drunk uncle (drunkle if you will) to. i mean, it's not TOP NOTCH singin but the jones girls weren't half bad. it's just that funky ass beat...one of those songs that makes you scrunch your face up while u dance cuz it's just so dayum funky. why do we make that face exactly??



astrud gilberto- photograph
one of my fave bossa nova songs. it's a pretty dreamy song and her voice is as soft as a quiver in the wind whispering sweet-nothings. lol. i'm sorry i had to do it with that description. it's kinda short but a lot of her songs are. this is one of the songs that prompted me to dream about learning portuguese.


teena marie- casanova brown
since we were talking about "portuguese" (in my best teena marie voice: i wanna por-tu-gee-say!)...i moved over to casanova brown. one of my top fave 3 teena songs. she kills this song. i get emotional every time i sing it. you just feel the energy and the heartbreak she's going through. lyrics like, "you didn't have to make me cry/ tell me daddy i'll ask you why/ it's over", they get me. this is my shower song. so good i had to post it. @ 2:31 she's breakin it on down and keeps it there. listen to the entire track, and if you don't get chills or shake your head in that "damn that girl can saing" then you should check your pulse.



georgia anne muldrow- unreleased track
upon first listen i wasn't really feeling it. it grew on me. i dig her anyway, she's an ill chick...especially the fact that she makes her own beats. excellent!



curtis mayfield- kung fu
another funky ass muthafucka. curtis, baby, you did it with this one. that bassline is so ill. and that classic raspy,high, curtis voice can transplant you to 1976 anytime. nuff said. kick a sucka in the head just cuz.


stereolab- come play in the milky night
one of my fave stereolab songs. so melodic. the soft "oooooooo-ooooo" @ the beginning makes me wanna dream all day of strolls in paris drinking a glass of wine with a beautiful stranger. dilla sampled this for a busta song, "show me what you got". that's the bonus audio for the day.


BONUS!! BUSTA RHYMES SHIT!!

No comments: